The master control module of the energy storage system is mainly used in off-grid/on-grid energy storage systems for household and commercial use. The module is suitable for the scenario of parallel application of multiple battery modules, which can maximize the consistency of the charging and discharging currents of the battery modules after the parallel connection, and ensure the reliable and stable operation of the battery modules. At present, the master control module has completed communication matching and function adaptation with mainstream inverters on the market, such as SMA, Studer, Victron, Goodwe, Growatt, Solis, Sofar, Sermatec, etc.
- With multi-channel isolated communication interface
- With LCD display drive interface
- With total current detection circuit
- With isolated insulation detection circuit
- With multi-channel relay drive interface
- With pre-charge and pre-discharge control circuit
- With Multi-path passive dry node control circuit
- With external storage and real-time clock function
- With buzzer alarm function
- with Multi-function keys detection circuit
- With isolated external high/low-level detection circuit
- With 4-bit address detection circuit
- Support with extended SNMP communication interface
- Support with extended wireless communication interface
1. Communication function
- The isolated RS232, isolated RS485, or isolated CAN could be selected for communication between the master control module and the battery module.
- Isolated RS485 or isolated CAN could be selected for communication between the master control module and the PV inverter.
- Parallel communication among the master control modules is through isolated RS485 (for parallel use between system levels）
- RS485 is used for communication between the master control module and the external LCD display.
- The master control module could expand the SNMP communication interface as needed (internal PCB reserves this interface, which can be extended for network data monitoring)
- The master control module can expand the wireless communication interface as needed (internal PCB reserves this interface, which can be extended for remote monitoring of battery system data)
- The master control module could upgrade the firmware via CAN.
2. Detection function
- The master control module has an isolated insulation detection circuit, which can detect the output voltage of the battery module, the insulation resistance between the positive and negative electrodes of the battery module and the casing, is also used for system safety monitoring and control.
- The master control module can detect the total charge and discharge current of the battery system for system monitoring and assisted SOC calculation.
- The master control module can be customized to expand one multi-function button detection function for receiving external control signals.
- The master control module can customize four isolated high and low electrical level detection functions to identify external control signals.
- The master control module can detect 4-bit address signals for system-level parallel communication. The system supports up to 15 cabinets in parallel.
3. Drive function
- The master control module has four independent low-level relay drive interfaces with dual backup control, which can be used for functional safety control of the product.
- The master control module has a pre-charge/pre-discharge relay control circuit, which can be used to charge or discharge a small current before charging or discharging, which serves the purpose of buffering and reduces current impact.
- The master control module has external storage and real-time clock functions, which can record fault and alarm data in real-time to facilitate product maintenance and use.
- The master control module can alarm through the buzzer when the system fails or alarms.
- The master control module can be customized to expand the control function of the two-way dry node as needed to output control signals to external devices.
4. Power supply
- The master control module can control the system power supply through the switch button, and the shutdown state makes the system a zero power consumption.
- The master control module can be extended to support low voltage (48V li-ion battery system) and high voltage (100VDC~500VDC) li-ion battery system applications as needed.
- The master control in the master control module adopts the isolated power supply mode, which has higher safety, stability, and high reliability.
- The master control module and the battery pack module communicate in a completely isolated manner, with high-quality communication and reliability.
- The master control module and the PV inverter communicate in a completely isolated manner, with high-quality communication and reliability.
- The master control module has pre-charge and pre-discharge functions, which can be compatible with the impact of different PV inverters on the battery system to ensure the protection of the battery system.
- The master control module has complete system-level overcurrent, short circuit, and insulation safety protection functions to provide complete protection for the battery system.
- The master control module has strong compatibility and is suitable for system-level protection after parallel connection of low-voltage and high-voltage battery modules, and is compatible with the communication of various inverters.